Wednesday, October 24, 2012


On August 1, 2012, I was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Only a week after finding out, I went through 2 surgeries & beat cancer!

I’ve had to drop out of Sonoma State University where I had planned on attending as a freshman this Fall & watch my friends & classmates move on with their lives.

I feel scared, angry, & sad. & I can easily say that this is a horrible time in my life.

But this journey has given me the gift of gratitude.

It’s easy to get wrapped up in your own problems, complaining about the traffic or your clothes or your hair or your work.

But if you take a step back & realize how truly blessed you are, your world becomes a whole lot brighter.

Most mornings, I wake up happy that I am without pain, surrounded by love & support, & cancer-free!

2 comments:

  1. Thinking and praying for you Lizzy. You are an amazing example of strength, growth and positivity. Let me know what I can do to help you and your family. <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizzy, I just happened to see your mom's post and just watched your video. I am on my way to see Anna in Los Angeles today and we all will be praying for you! Bless you for your wonderful attitude!
    Lynn Fitzpatrick

    ReplyDelete